1 bedroom house on 30 acres, 20 minute drive from Cooma on a dirt road. The house is still in the process of completion, although work will still be carried out between now and when we depart (hopefully work may be started on extension as well). Although house is not complete it is still fully functional with a makeshift kitchen which includes oven, stove top and dishwasher. We are fully off grid, running on a stand alone solar system, tank water, composting toilet and gas for cooking and hot water.
There is no public transport and as our road is a bit rough it would be better if you had an AWD or 4WD to access the property.
Cooma has access to woollies, Coles and Aldi, a chemist, doctors ect and it is about 1.5 hours to Canberra.
This is a nice place to relax and get away with wonderful views, quiet atmosphere and animals to keep you company.
Plenty of room to park your own van if required.
You will be required to water the vegie garden and are welcome to harvest and enjoy the fresh produce with freshly laid eggs.
We have the following animals that require care:
- 3 border collies - currently aged 2 years, 2 years, and 3 months.
- 2 rabbits
- 2 goats
- currently 5 chickens - this will change when more hatch over late spring.
You will be required to feed the animals and play/exercise with the dogs in the yard.
We have limited internet which is used for linking phones through wi fi calling to make and receive calls. (we can help you set this up). There is also limited mobile phone service without the wi fi calling and we do not have a home phone.
There is no free to air TV, but there is a DVD player attached to the TV.
We are looking for a non-smoking, active, animal loving couple.
- No equipment requiring heating elements such as hair driers, toaster or microwave, electric kettle (We have a stove top kettle)
- No open fires (as it will be fire danger season)
- Only use washing machine and dishwasher during the day.
- Be mindful we are on tank water and please watch your water usage.
Sorry, this assignment has been closed.
© 2019 The House Sitters - Privacy