Dear nomads, freelancers, travellers, holidayers from this marvellous Earth
We are Marc & Alejandra and are seeking to get in touch with those of you who would like to experience life in a sustainable and very inspiring setting with stunning landscapes and wildlife in Australia. Due to personal and working commitments we are away at least half of the year and we would like to offer our place in exchange for a fair contribution to one of the various projects we run. Short or medium-term stays can be accommodated.
We are located on the premises of Mt Murrindal co-op in the valley of W Tree, East Gippsland, Victoria. W Tree has a small vibrant community of about 85 people by the foothills of the Snowy Mountains, 20 kms north of Buchan, 80 km from Lakes Entrance and 90 kilometres from Bairnsdale. The valley is the home of two eco villages and one Tibetan Buddhist centre. Mt. Murrindal co-op is one of those eco villages. Located in the Southern edge of the valley it was established in 1981, year in which Bill Mollison, father of permaculture, stayed in our co-op designing a permaculture plan.
Mt Murrindal is a housing cooperative. Its main goal is sustainability based on the complementarity between resilience and efficiency. The co-op has 50 hectares. It consists of 5 houses built around a veggie garden and an orchard, surrounded by the Australian bush with little pockets of Gondwanian rainforest.
This is a very old land where wildlife lives without predators. Kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, emus, rosellas, kookaburras and king parrots can be seen from the house. Koalas live 20 km up the road while lyrebirds can be heard at all times.
We live in sacred land, a land protected by the ancestors of those who walked it since the beginning.
The property consists of two houses.
House three is a fully furnished house & studio (office) in the bush. Featuring two-bedrooms; two bathrooms; big kitchen; large dining room and living room; storage room; laundry area; large co-working space; meditation room. All with amazing views of gardens and wildlife.
House four is a fully furnished house. It has three-bedrooms (one can easily be turned into an office); two bathrooms; a kitchenette; a comfortable living and dining room; a storage room and a laundry area.
You will get to stay in one or the other to enjoy the house on your own.
We are ideally looking for a solo, couple (or family) wanting to experience life in a sustainable community setting.
Our way of understanding the exchange with our surroundings involves a giving-receiving dynamic. We devote time to nurture the place and the community (give) to be able to enjoy the beauty of the place and take part on community activities (receive). We base our giving and receiving in the Andean concept of AYNI (reciprocal exchange), which helps us seek balance.
GIVING: while you stay, the following responsibilities must be addressed.
- Keeping the property clean and neat.
- Contribution to ongoing projects, indoor or outdoor depending on your skills. Some hours a week need to be allocated to co-op contribution. Responsibilities for these are shared, agreed with other residents and performed individually or at 'working bees'
We would prioritize:
- Good communication skills.
- Independent: meaning that you know exactly what you are doing and can do with a fair (not excessive) guidance and input from our side.
- Energy consumption awareness. We run on rain water, solar electricity and wood heater (in winter). Therefore, we request to consume what you need with awareness.
- As a benefit to investing time in the Veggie garden, you will enjoy the produce. About 70% of what we consume comes from our garden or community food coop.
- Enjoy shopping in the community food cooperative, 5 minutes away from our place.
- Internet (*)
- Meditation room indoors and meditation spots outdoors
- Office facilities (*)
- Community social activities: the bigger community (W Tree) hosts several activities. Some are weekly, some fortnightly and some monthly.
- Support from and exchange with the other active members of the co-op and our friends from W Tree who will treat you as family.
- Beautiful landscapes and places to visit within the community and in the surroundings: national park, beach, caves, rivers.
- An opportunity to rediscover yourself through the healing and inspiration imprinted in this land.
If you are interested in further details and talking through a possible stay, please do reach out.
Sorry, this assignment has been closed.
© 2019 The House Sitters - Privacy